The Kitchener-Waterloo Humane Society Animal Hospital Community Assistance Program provides spay/neuter surgeries for pets in low income households.
Pet owners pre-register for the procedure, pre pay, and bring their pet to the shelter early in the morning on the day of the surgery. Pets are ready to be picked up mid-afternoon and return home.
Is my companion animal eligible for the program?
- Pets must be between four months and five years of age.
- Pets must be within a normal weight range for dogs and cats.
- Pets with only one testicle may be eligible for surgery but may require additional fees; this will be evaluated on intake
- Pets must not be coughing or sneezing.
- Pets should not have any medical conditions or history of complications and medical conditions.
- Pets must not be pregnant.
- Female cats must not have not nursed kittens two weeks prior surgery.
- Female dogs must not be in heat.
- We strongly recommend that your animal is vaccinated prior to surgery to prevent them contracting a contagious disease.
|Number of people in the household||Eligible income for program|
|1 – 2 people||Under $30,000|
|3 – 4 people||Under $45,000|
|5+ people||Under $50,000|
Cat Spay or Neuter – $75.00
Dog Spay/Neuter – $100.00
Large Breed Dog (over 50 lbs) Spay/Neuter – $150.00
Pricing includes microchipping.